Clean & Transparent
LANO is a pioneer in clean beauty. We believe that nature provides us with the most powerful ingredients of all – and that a short ingredients list is a good ingredients list. Our products contain no known ‘suspicious’ chemicals, and we list all of our ingredients and natural percentages clearly, on each of our products.
We believe that beauty products should be cruelty free. We are proud to be Leaping Bunny approved. A global programme, Leaping Bunny requires cruelty free standards over & above legal requirements. All of our products are approved under the Cruelty Free International Leaping Bunny programme, the internationally recognisable gold standard for cruelty free products. We adhere to a fixed cut-off date policy & proactively monitor our suppliers to ensure that our products continue to adhere to the Leaping Bunny criteria. Our supplier monitoring system is also independently audited. For more info go to https://www.crueltyfreeinternational.org/cruelty-free-company/lano
Lanolin is a natural, renewable and sustainable resource - it's a by-product of wool washing. Sheep's wool grows continuously, so they need to be shorn each and every year.
Consuming less is at our core. Our approach to sustainability is to start at the source - to be more mindful about reducing consumerism in the first place. We do not launch dozens of unnecessary products each year. We make excellent, useful products that are made to be truly multi-purpose. So, you can buy less, by buying better.
Our packaging is made from plastic, aluminium & cardboard. Our formula is rich and natural and requires a specific level of protection & barrier to ensure the products do not go off, or leach through the tubes. Glass pots are not suitable, as they expose creams to oxygen & bacteria.In our ongoing commitment to sustainability, some of the initiatives we have implemented include:
• The phase-out of gold tube caps, to be replaced by a more environmentally friendly plain cap.
• The phase-out of plastic blister shell cases and plastic blister pack shelf trays.
• We only use sustainably sourced lanolin from Australia and New Zealand - which is a renewable by-product of the wool industry. We do not use any known non-renewable ingredients.
• All of our boxes are made from certified FSC material. The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) promotes the responsible and sustainable management of the world's forests.
• Plant-based printing: the ink we use for printing our boxes are soybean and vegetable inks (plant-based inks) which makes our packaging easier to recycle and are more eco-friendly.
• We’ve phased out cello coating on paper boxes, to make recycling easier. We now have water-based finish and reduced the use of foil on all packaging.
Our NEW GLOSSYBALMS tubes are made out of 80% sugarcane bioplastic, in our ongoing plan to improve our sustainability. Lanolips’ goal is to transition all tubes to more eco-friendly materials over the next 12-24 months, as testing and materials allows. We welcome all constructive feedback on our packaging.
Kindness + Connection
We believe in connecting urban with country and rural communities that may be invisible to many. They may be suffering through drought, fire or other hardship.
During the Coronavirus pandemic, we donated many thousands of products to Royal North Shore Hospital Sydney, Prince Of Wales Hospital Sydney, The Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne, Columbia Presbyterian Hospital , BeautyUnited USA, NYU Medical Center & Frontline Beauty Canada.